Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry is an age-defined speciality that provides both primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants, children and adolescents including those with special health care needs.
The department encompasses efficient treatment to child dental patients concomitantly rendering preventive dentistry. It incorporates the management of physically and mentally challenged children ones in addition to the medically compromised. The department thrives on an excellent work force in collaboration with several public institutions and special schools. It constantly engages in conduction of dental awareness programs along with rigorous screening and treatment camps.
- Support and Maintain Academic Excellence through evidence based practice
- Provide patient-centered quality Dental Care from infancy to adolescence
- Provide oral health care to underprivileged and differently abled children
- Prevent and intercept oral diseases in children with use of recent technologies
- Understand the oral health needs of the community and promote disease prevention
- Maintain a successful continuing education program for career-long learning
- Promote research and develop graduates who are highly competent, ethical, socially responsible and culturally sensitive professionals